Thursday, August 9, 2012

Falling from Cloud 9

Hi Everyone,

I've recently come across how awesome Katy Perry is. More particularly her song "Wide Awake". It almost made me cry my eyes out when I first saw the music video, because I did see her movie (which the music video is based off her movie), and it reminded me of every emotion and feeling that I had from my ex husband when he left me. And when I had the realization of a previous relationship. I lived in an illusion life that everything was perfect. Then it hit me...Katy Perry went through that very experience. She was in an ideal marriage with the man of her dreams, a guy who was amazing to her whom she loved and she did anything and everything to keep her marriage alive DURING a year long world tour she was trying to do for her career. He obviously couldn't handle the pressure of it and filed for divorce.

Us as women have a habit of getting used to a guy being there for us. Falling in love fast and heavy because we're scared to be by ourselves. I stayed in a relationship for (I'm not going to put a specific time to protect privacy) a long period of time even though I had known right off the bat, it was a bad idea and wasn't going to last. Sure enough when the bad times started happening, I ignored it. I later admitted to myself it was because I thought it was as good as I was going to get, so I had to deal with all the depression and hardship. After a while I realized I also stayed because I was afraid to be by myself. I didn't need to settle just because it was as good as I was going to get (even if it wasn't) I could be happy alone. And I wouldn't be entirely alone, because I would have my beautiful daughter.
Yes I did start into another relationship rather quickly after that one. And it happens to be the relationship I'm currently in. BUT whenever hard times come, I show how I'm not afraid to be alone, and I think it scares HIM that he'll lose me. And that alone made me realize the biggest picture all women should have.

The power of KNOWING you are perfectly fine by yourself, is a HUGE power alone. Because if he does leave, or if it doesn't work out for whatever reason (be it; stupid, serious, mutual. etc.) You have the ability to walk away with a shield around your heart. Yes all break ups hurt, but you would see how you wouldn't hurt as bad as you would before. Go through the steps of the breakup, sleeping in, over eating junk food, not doing a DAMN thing, or not eating for a day or two, whatever your steps are ALLOW yourself to got through them. Then, one day, wake up and OWN your day, OWN your life, and SHOW your pride that you are single and you LOVE it, because you are not tide down, you don't need a man to hold your hand, to  tell you you're beautiful, to blow smoke up your ass so he can act like an ass. You know you're beautiful, you're a gown up woman that doesn't need a hand to hold, that doesn't need ANY of that.

Being independent is sexiest of all, and the greatest feeling of all.

The only problem with this is some women find it as excuses to be just as bad as men, pulling one night stands, making out with a different guy any hour of the day. Being truly independent has nothing to do with any of that. You are just as bad as a man that calls himself a "pick up artist" or a "player". But with women, we are expected to be better then that, so we do get called "sluts" when we pull these moves, claiming "independence" Seriously, those women just give us respectable women a bad name....

Think about TRUE independence, and know its something to be proud of. Even if you are in a relationship :)

For now, I leave you with this...

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?" - Anais Nin

YinYangSakura

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sorry, some idiot thought they could get away with posting on my blog LOL how funny was that?!?! LOL They thought there was some sort of significance to them and their life...wow what a pitiful soul.
    My life has nothing to do with that, sorry they feel that my life revolves around them, obviously their life revolves around me...pitiful really. ^_^

    ReplyDelete