Hello everyone,
Isn't honesty just a fun thing?
Not really...
Because it hurts, it sucks, and its not always helpful. Yet its always something we ask for from those around us. So why do we deny it? Because naturally we don't want to be hurt. It's our natural defense to protect ourselves from being hurt by letting others tell us things that we want to hear rather what we need to hear. So when someone comes around and speaks the truth, they're an ass.
Or are they?
I've noticed once long ago that whenever there's a person that everyone doesn't like its usually because they're blunt with the truth. So everyone gets offended and hurt and doesn't like that person so they reject or deny them. But then when the time comes that we want that person to speak the truth, they're not around.
Why do we do this?
Again...its our natural self defense and self protection.
So here's what I want to ask of everyone that reads this.
Is the truth that really hurtful? Or is it that we make it hurtful because its not what we WANT to hear?
Life sucks, that's just how it is. We all know this. So why deny something that's so pure as the truth?
I just want to see more kind honesty being placed around the world. And this is how I place my part. To make everyone think about why they deny or protect themselves or others from the truth.
And as to place my example (lead by example) for everyone...
I had a crush on someone that I admire and respect for several years that I've known him. I told him through a note years ago, but he only liked me as a friend in return. Unfortunately I don't think my feelings ever went away for him. So now that I'm divorced, I waited to see if my feelings were just because of my vulnerability. Once I realized my feelings were real, I decided to wait to tell him in person, but then I realized in doing that, I was lying to him each time I talked to him. Keeping something from him that he had a right to know. So after hours of convincing myself to do it, I called him up and told him everything. Yes it was a shock to him, I would have been shocked myself if he wasn't. I know I had to do the right thing and that was to tell him. No matter what way it turns out, I know our friendship is strong and this could only make it stronger because I was honest.
Now let's not be hypocrites people! Be honest! It may hurt, it may sound rude, but be kind about it and just do it!
Now I leave you with...
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." - Zen
Yin Yang Sakura
Yes, the truth may sometimes hurt. But when all is said and done, it's so much more liberating. I lived a lie with someone for about 10 years. If only one of us would've had the balls to own up to our real feelings, it could've saved the both of us many years of fighting and frustration.
ReplyDeleteThank you for following me Davis. I'm sorry to hear about your situation that you went through. But that is just the thing, a lot of people are afraid of the truth because they know of whats to come after, which a lot of the times is something bad. All people need to do is embrace the truth and deal with what happens after...Like I said, we all know life sucks. So why deny it? lol.
ReplyDeleteI wish you better luck and happiness in your near and distant future Davis.