Hello Everyone,
Recently I have found one of those "like" pages on Facebook that was titled "Banned iPods from school" "Yea because Eminem is gonna rap me the answers." Well, this struck a nerve with me. First of all, I hate this high righteous attitude that young kids have now-a-days when it comes to school issues. I'm sorry, but if you're under 18-16, you have no rights, you have no freedom, you DO have school. Schools need to go back to having rules just to have rules to set regulations and strict form. I remember we had a no tolerance rule when it came to physical contact with other or opposite sex students. We weren't allowed to do anything from tickling to kissing. and I mean ANYTHING. Hugging was even on the list. With THAT being as ridiculous as it was we still followed the rules. None of us were rich, snobby, and decided to stick our nose up to it and take it to court were it ruined the rest of the students. Although I must say with having 3 girls (in middle school) pregnant, the rules obviously did not follow outside of school. This is where I think a lot of students lose sight of the purpose of school rules.
Rules and regulations inside of school are not to take away patriotic freedom (for you weirdos that love this country more than should be allowed.) The rules are there to SEPARATE school from the public. It is to give you STRUCTURE so you know how to ACT PROFESSIONALLY in society. School is NOT a place to play, act the way you want, dress the way you want, have your hair the way you want, have the MOUTH you want, and text whenever you want. School is to be a place to get you ready for the REAL world of the working place. Because, lets face it, school is work. You NEED to learn the rules of the working place. Without it, you'll be ignorant and stupid and get yourself in situations to where you can't find a job, because no one will hire you because you can't put down your phone/ipod for 5 seconds.
If I were a teacher, you damn well better believe that if I found any KID with a cell phone in my room, would get it taken away. On or off. When I was in school, that's how it was. If you were CAUGHT with a cell phone, it was taken away and your parents had to pick it up.
Now for the opposing side, yes I understand you think you "should have" your phones for "emergency" situations. Granted, there have been schools getting shot up and things like that, but let's be honest here. What good will that really do? When a school is getting shot up, you can't leave. You can't go anywhere. So let's be honest, what good will your phone will do besides call 911, which by the time YOU call 911, they've already been called several times? It's pointless really. If your parent wants to know if you're alright, they'll wait. Not like you're gonna pull out your phone at gun point at put on FB or text your mom saying "sorry I'm at gun point right now, can't talk" Even if you're not sure what's going on and you're safe in the classroom, what are you gonna text your parents? "Someone's shooting up the school, I think...Call the cops!...maybe.." I don't think so...
Now let's do a different scenario. You're at school waiting to be picked up, and no one's there. You go to the school, they closed. You go to the payphone, its peed on or disconnected or you have no change. In that placement, yes I can see where a cell phone could come in handy, but I would walk until I came to a place where I could use a phone. (ex...7-11, Starbucks, a bank, etc.) Because that's what you do in situations like that. If you don't know your area enough to do something like that, then you really should open your eyes and take a look around. There's always a place where you can use a land line phone. Plus, its good exercise to walk around. And don't say you'd get in trouble, because really, its the persons fault for forgetting to pick you up, not yours.
Someone once said about staying in touch with a network of friends for meetings inside the school or just to see where people are. That's where the setting up BEFORE hand comes in handy.
All in all....Seriously people, it hasn't been THAT long that cell phones have been allowed in school. It's been done WITHOUT them for so long. Have we all really become THAT dependent on ALL technology that our teenagers can't live without them???? That's sad...
I challenge ALL who has cellphones. Unless you have a business that cell number is the only line for it, I want EVERYONE to have ONE WHOLE DAY WITHOUT YOUR CELLPHONE! If you (for whatever reason) cannot have your cellphone off for a whole day, then do at LEAST 8 hours of your cell phones being turned off!
C'mon people! Let's not let technology run our lives!
For now, I leave you with this...
"So tell me, what's it like to live in that constant haze of stupidity?" Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho
Yin Yang Sakura
you suck ass. this isnt a fucking nunnery. all through high school, i dressed the way i wanted, did the shit i wanted to, and said whatever the fuck i wanted to. and the most anyone ever did was tell me to pull my shirt down over my midriff. on a rare occasion, i came to school high, no one noticed, and i've graduated. i'm in fucking college, getting my degree, what are you doing? sitting at home? working at gap? clearly you didnt go to high school, because you dont know shit about human rights. nigga you trippin. peace.
ReplyDeleteWell Zoe apparently you never went to high school either because you're typos are pitiful. You don't know shit about being a minor and that you have no rights. It's called discipline and apparently you were allowed to do whatever you wanted because your parents didn't care. Well I care about my child and would never let her dress without any self respect that you did apparently. You have no respect for others and no self respect, and it shows tremendously. I have the rights to my own opinion as you do with yours. Comment on my blog again with such rudeness and you shall be blocked. ^_^ thank you.
ReplyDelete